ASNE convention prognosis: Guarded but optimistic
A consistent theme has emerged from reports about last week's convention: There was hope and optimism in the hallways at the J.W. Marriott, tempered by an understanding of the enormous challenges still facing newsroom leaders and the organizations they run. We've rounded up post-convention commentary here.
- Rex Smith: Hope rises, ink-stained or digital
- Gene Policinski: Amid wrenching change, some hopeful signs for journalism
- Tim McGuire: ASNE needs to figure out what game it is rejoining
- Karen Peterson: Nation's editors ready to move ahead
- Rem Rieder: After the storm
- Eric Deggans: Huffington at ASNE: 'Trust is the new black'
- Eric Deggans: Can newspapers get a bailout, too?
- Dale Peskin: ASNE finally makes us smile
- Eric Newton: ASNE NewsNow unlike past gatherings of news editors