2016 ASNE Board of Directors announced
The ASNE Board of Directors added four new members and a new executive committee at the ASNE-APME News Leadership Conference in Philadelphia. Mizell Stewart III of USA TODAY Network took the reins as ASNE president for 2016-17. He succeeds 2015-16 ASNE President Pam Fine.
Elected to ASNE's executive committee pending the expected approval by the new board:
- Vice President Alfredo Carbajal, Al Día (The Dallas Morning News)
- Secretary Nancy Barnes, Houston Chronicle
- Treasurer Mike Oreskes, NPR, Washington, D.C.
Four directors elected for three-year terms:
- Paul Cheung, The Associated Press
- Lucy Dalglish, Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland
- Karen Magnuson, Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester, New York)
- Hollis Towns, Asbury Park Press (New Jersey)
Three members appointed for one-year terms:
- David Haynes, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Mandy Jenkins, Storyful (New York)
- Lauren Williams, Vox.com (Washington, D.C.)