Members of the American Society of News Editors enjoy a range of benefits. Here are some of the many reasons to join ASNE:
- Members can network with one another through various events and have full access to ASNE’s membership directory.
- Members can connect and share ideas with the nation's news leaders by joining the members-only Facebook group, "ASNE Newsroom Leadership."
Discounts and Access
- Members enjoy discounted registration rates for the annual ASNE-APME convention and regional conferences.
- Members can ask legal questions to ASNE Legal Counsel Kevin Goldberg through the ASNE Legal Hotline service, available via both Facebook and email.
- Members can advertise job openings through the ASNE Job Board at no additional cost.
- Members can share news about their promotions, career changes, accomplishments in the journalism industry and more, as well as submit news about other people.
- Members and their staff have free and discounted access to ASNE webinars, the easiest and most cost-effective way to stay abreast of industry trends.
- Members have access to ASNE’s extensive online archive of reports and journalism studies.
- ASNE members can advertise journalism programs and/or services in the weekly email newsletter that reaches a wide range of audiences. Learn more.
How ASNE can help you do a better job as a leader in the newsroom, the classroom. and in your community:
- We sponsor the national Sunshine Week every March to promote open government and freedom of information.
- The ASNE Tennessee Tough Issues Forums helps local communities use news literacy tools to understand complex issues and engage audiences.
- We vigorously promote First Amendment values by lobbying Congress and the executive branch on Freedom of Information issues.
- We support diversity and leadership in the news industry by training emerging news leaders from diverse backgrounds at our Emerging Leaders Institute. We will host at least four sessions in 2018.
- We promote newsroom diversity through our Newsroom Diversity Survey, continuing work pioneered by ASNE in 1978.
- We host regional conferences to help members become stronger journalists and leaders, with partners that include The University of Maryland-College Park, The University of Texas at Austin, Investigative Reporters & Editors and The Poynter Institute. Topics include digital leadership, cybersecurity and leading investigative projects.
- The annual ASNE awards competition recognizes cross-platform journalistic excellence in the digital age.
Click here to join ASNE today. To renew your current membership, please sign in here and click on "Membership Renewal" in the left-hand column.